Head, Policy Office: Jean Feldman
The Policy Office in the Division of Institution and Award Support is responsible for developing, implementing and issuing proposal and award policy for the programs of the National Science Foundation and is available to assist you with questions involving policy related issues. Questions related to specific awards should be directed to the Division of Grants and Agreements.
Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide (PAPPG)
- PAPPG (NSF 23-1) - effective for proposals submitted or due on or after January 30, 2023
- For proposals submitted or due prior to January 30, 2023, the guidelines contained in PAPPG (NSF 22-1) apply.
- NSF-approved Formats in Submission of the Biographical Sketch and Current and Pending (Other) Support Sections of the Proposal
- NSF has partnered with the National Institutes of Health (NIH) to use SciENcv: Science Experts Network Curriculum Vitae as an NSF-approved format for preparation of both documents.
- NSF Pre-award and Post-award Disclosures Relating to the Biographical Sketch and Current and Pending (Other) Support - This table provides helpful reference information regarding pre-award and post-award disclosure information in the biographical sketch and current and pending (other) support proposal sections. The table identifies where these disclosures must be provided in proposals as well as in project reports.
- NSTC Research Security Subcommittee NSPM-33 Implementation Guidance Disclosure Requirements & Standardization
- Dear Colleague Letter: Research Protection
- Personnel Policy on Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs
- Implementation of the 2nd NSB Cost Sharing Report: NSF Revised Cost Sharing Policy Statement
- NSF Programs with Mandatory Cost Sharing
- Enabling Access to Cloud Computing Resources for CISE Research and Education (Cloud Access)
- Innovation Corps Program (I-Corps)
- Major Research Instrumentation Program
- Robert Noyce Scholarship Program
- Engineering Research Centers
- Established Program to Stimulate Competitive Research
- Individual NSF-funded Projects with Mandatory Cost Sharing
- Computing Innovation Fellows Project 2021, Award No. 2127309, Prime Awardee: Computing Research Association (subawardees' indirect cost recovery limited to 35%)
- Computing Innovation Fellows Project 2020, Award No. 2030859, Prime Awardee: Computing Research Association (subawardees' indirect cost recovery limited to 35%)
- NSF Grants.gov Application Guide (NSF 23-006) - effective for applications submitted (via Grants.gov) or due on or after January 30, 2023.
- For applications submitted (via Grants.gov) or due prior to January 30, 2023, the guidelines in NSF Grants.gov Application Guide dated October 4, 2021, apply.
Conflicts of Interest